Choose the correct particle and finish the sentences.
In my ideal job ...
1. I turn off/up for work at ...
2. My employer only takes on/up people who ...
3. I'm not prepared to put out /up with ...
4. If I come up/into with a good idea, my boss ...
5. Nothing puts me down/off my work except ...
Uzupełnij zdania odpowiednią formą used to i pasującym czasownikiem.
1. The baby doesn’t cry so much now but she every night.
2. He my best friend but we aren’t friends any longer.
3. We live in London now but we in Manchester.
4. Now there’s only one supermarket in the village but there three.
5. When I was a child I Cola, but I don’t like it now.
6. Now Bob has got a car. He a motorcycle.
7. He tennis a lot but now he doesn’t play tennis very often.
8. She never coffee but now she drinks coffee every day.
9. He out much but now he doesn’t go out very often.
10. She fat but now she is very slim.
1. A ...............’s job involves taking care of sick animals.
2. A................ is a person who cooks professionally for other people.
3. A................. sells their company’s products to other people and businesses.
4. A .............. takes orders from restaurant guests.
5. The Prime Minister is one of the most important ........... in a country.
Complete the conversation. Use I'll or I won't and the verbs in the box.
get, leave, not eat, not have, talk, wait, not take
Jason: Hi, Sam. Are you ready for a break?
Sam: Yes (0) ... my books here.
Jason: Do you want a sandwich?
Sam: Um ... no (1) ... anything now, thanks.
Jason: Do you want to talk to Jessica?
Sam: No it's ok (2) ... to her later. (3) ... a long break - just ten minutes. My exam's tomorrow.
Jason: Yes mine is too. Do you want to get the seven o'clock bus tomorrow?
Sam: Um...no (4) ... that one. (5) ... the next one.
Jason: Fine. Wait a minute. I need to get my bottle of water.
Sam: OK. (6) ... for you here.
Jason: OK. See you in a minute.