Znajdź odpowiedzi na swoje zadania domowe!
Wybierz poprawne odpowiedzi:
1. Have you heard that Mark and Jane are ... Saturday's party? Are you coming? a) blowing b) launching c) blasting D) firing
2. I don't know what it … to be as popular with girls as my brother is. a) takes b) uses c) demands d) waits
3. You must shout, otherwise he won't hear you. He's … of hearing. a) short b) lack c) deaf d) hard
4. First, he said he was going to help us out and then he …his promise. We'll never ask him again. a) stood up to b) downplayed c) made up for d) returned to the game
5. Adam says the stereo set that he's bought doesn't … his expectations. a) deliver b) meet c) supply d) receive
6. Surprisingly, the doctor said he wasn't … of helping us in that case. a) suitable b) experienced c) useful d) capable
7. Potatoes make a … diet in Poland. a) standing c) staple b) stable d) standard
8. Don't be so stubborn. Your obstinacy may only ... to further trouble. a) lead b) cause c) result d) direct
9. Algebra isn't my cup of tea. I haven't got the … idea how to solve the problem. a) faintest b) weakest c) smallest d) slightest
10. You're right. Betty and Sara look alike. You can easily …. one for the other. a) differentiate b) exchange c) mistake d) vary
Powiązane pytania Q&A
W zadaniach 1–12, przeczytaj teksty. Uzupełnij każdą lukę, przekształcając jeden z wyrazów w taki sposób, aby powstał spójny i logiczny tekst. Wymagana jest pełna poprawność ortograficzna i gramatyczna wpisywanych wyrazów. Uwaga: dwa wyrazy zostały podane dodatkowo i nie pasują do żadnej luki
get hope hot reach wear wet
There’s nothing worse than feeling bitterly cold and wet, especially when you are sailing because the chances of 1_________________ a warm and dry place quickly are usually pretty thin. However, there is good news. There have been new developments in the materials used to make waterproof clothes which 2_________________ will put an end to the misery of those who work outdoors in wet conditions. The new fabric, which is made from polyester fibres with some silicone elements, makes the clothes more water-repellent. It helps you to keep warm and dry and can 3_________________ comfortably for several days as it is very durable. Unlike previous designs, clothes made from this type of material do not leave you feeling hot and sticky even after a massive amount of action. The fabrics used allow the clothes to breathe which means that excess 4_________________ can escape while you stay warm and dry.
Przepisz zdania używając konstrukcji have something done.
1. When will your glasses be made?
2. I hired a professional to cater for my party.
3. Did you ask anyone to sweep the chimney?
4. She asked him to do the shopping.
5. Their house was burgled last night.
6. He employed a carpenter to build the fence.
7. Julie's housekeeper irons all her clothes.
8. His shop's windows were smashed in the riot.
9. Pete must have sent this letter.
10. He should plant some more flowers.
Wybierz odpowiednią formę czasownika.
1. Is your brother OK? He's worked / been working in his room for three hours!
2. We've met / been meeting some friendly people at our new school.
3. Have you seen / been seeing that film that everyone's talking about yet?
4. How long has Eva had / been having drumming lessons?
5. I need to stay in tonight. I haven't finished / been finishing my homework yet.
Uzupełnij zdania. Zastosuj used to, be/get used to.
1. My parents........(live) in a tiny flat when they were first married.
2. My aunt and uncle live in Berlin, so they...........(travel) around a big city.
3. I...... (not like) Mexican food, but I love it now.
4. Where............(you/go) on holiday when you were little?
5. I'm slowly.......... (work) in an office, but I found really strange at first.
6. I'm not.......(eat) such a big portion of food. I don't think I can finish my lunch.
Zamień podane zdania na mowę zależną.
Przykład: I'm not going anywhere, said Tom. Tom said (that) he wasn't going anywhere.
1. 'It's snowing again,' said Uncle Ted.
2. 'We've made a mistake,' said the manager.
3. 'I'll come as soon as possible,' said Brenda.
4. 'My bag has been stolen,' said the girl.
5. 'I hate maths,' said the boy.
6. 'We can go together,' said Eric.
7. 'My mobile doesn't work,' said Sharon.
8. 'I didn't do it on purpose, said Melanie.
9. 'My train leaves at 5.48,' said Nick.
10. 'We may be late,' said Louise.