Znajdź odpowiedzi na swoje zadania domowe!
Uzupełnij podane zdania odpowiednimi przyimkami.
1. We found a beautiful spot in the forest, so we decided to set ____ our camp there.
2. Look! The driver's lost control ____ his car and is going to crash into the tree!
3. Last time we went on holiday we ran ____ of petrol in the middle of the motorway.
4. If our train arrives ____ time, we'll be able to catch the bus home.
5. You must check ____ before 10.00 p.m. The reception desk closes after that.
6. I didn't go ____ with Mike's idea to go quad biking in the Sahara desert - I thought it was rather risky.
Powiązane pytania Q&A
Complete the second sentence with up to five words so that it means the same as the first one. Use the word in capitals.
1. I plan to be on the way to the beach at this time tomorrow. DRIVING This time tomorrow, ___________ to the beach.
2. Scientists say that there's a good chance that people could have houses on Mars one day. PROBABLY Scientists have predicted that people _________ one day. 3. If I pass my exams next month, my plan is to study English at university. GOING I ________ English at university if I pass my exams.
4. Mark starts his summer job as a waiter on Monday 4 July. WORKING By Monday 11 July, Mark _______ as a waiter for a week.
5. There's coach at four o'clock that I want to catch. AT I must go now because the coach ________________.
Complete the sentences with the words below. There are two extra words.
1.-5.: cartoon, choreographer, classical music, musical, playwright, sculpture
1. The ____________________ has had some great ideas for the next dance show.
2. Hamilton is a fantastic ____________________. The singing and dancing are amazing.
3. I love ____________________. My favourite composer is Mozart. Who’s yours?
4. The Simpsons is a popular long-running ____________________. I think it’s really clever and funny.
5. I love the work of this ____________________, but I think Shakespeare’s plays are better.
6.-10.: ballet, composer, director, drawing, novelist, poet
6. I hate this music. Who is the ____________________?
7. Thomas Hardy was a 19th century ____________________ who wrote about rural life. His books are still read today.
8. I went to Swan Lake last night. It was an amazing ____________________, and the dancers were great.
9. Skyfall is my favourite James Bond film, and I think Sam Mendes was the best Bond ____________________.
10. William Wordsworth was a Romantic ____________________. He wrote beautifully about the countryside.
Complete the advert for a TV show with the correct form of the words and phrases from the box. In this activity you will be graded on capitalization (lowercase and UPPERCASE).
call, collaborate, consultative, handle, indulge, like the back of (one's) hand, pitch, take the lead
The Bear Pit welcomes entrepreneurs
Could you be an entrepreneur? Do you have a great idea for a new business? Why not come and ....... your idea to our experts in The Bear Pit? (...)
(Cała treść tekstu, z uzupełnionymi lukami, została skopiowana do odpowiedzi.)
Choose the correct option A, B or C to complete the text.
I'd like to tell you about a product which makes a huge difference to my life - contact lenses. They're just thin circles of plastic, but if they 1, it would have been much harder for me to play sports. Contact lenses 2 available to the public in the early 1970s. However, the science that makes them work 3 almost 500 years earlier by Leonardo Da Vinci. He 4 a link between looking through water and seeing more clearly. Over the next three hundred years, various different experiments 5 with glass tubes, water and glue. A big breakthrough came late in the 19th century, when the first eye-shaped glass lens 6 However, it was heavy and impractical. Advances in technology 7 in the 20th century led to the use of plastic for the first time, and eventually to the production of softer, lighter, more comfortable lenses which could 8 for longer. I don't know what I'd do without them!
1 A hadn't been invented B hadn't invented C didn't be invented
2 A were become B became C were became
3 A discovered B had discovered C had been discovered
4 A had been found B had found C was found
5 A did B have been done C were done
6 A was created B is created C created
7 A making B being made C are making
8 A wear B were worn C be worn
Complete the question tags.
1 This girl hasn't auditioned for us before,…?
2 You won't tell anyone,…?
3 You took my headphones again, ….?
4 She'll be all right, …..?
5 Your mother isn't a composer, …..?
6 All the tickets were sold out within three hours, …..?