Znajdź odpowiedzi na swoje zadania domowe!
Przepisz zdania używając konstrukcji have something done. 1. When will your glasses be made? 2. I hired a professional to cater for my party. 3. Did you ask anyone to sweep the chimney? 4. She asked him to do the shopping. 5. Their house was burgled last night. 6. He employed a carpenter to build the fence. 7. Julie's housekeeper irons all her clothes. 8. His shop's windows were smashed in the riot. 9. Pete must have sent this letter. 10. He should plant some more flowers.
Powiązane pytania Q&A
Z podanych zdań ułóż mixed conditionals.
1. The baby can’t read. It didn’t know it wasn’t allowed to swim in the river.
2. The worker didn’t finish his job yesterday. He has to stay longer at the office today.
3. She lied to us. We don’t trust her.
4. He can’t drive a car. He caused a car accident.
5. Tom is impatient. He damaged the machine.
6. The car is old . No-one wanted to buy it.
7. I lost my shoes 2 days ago. I have to buy a new pair.
8. She fed them some poisonous mushrooms a few hours ago. Now, they are all in hospital.
Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tense.
Hi Dad, You were right! I wish I 1) had listened (listen) to you. If only I 2) ..... (take) a taxi, I wouldn't have missed the train! Right now I'm waiting at the station for the next one. It's very noisy here. I wish it 3) ..... (be) quiet. I need to finish some work for tomorrow, but I can't concentrate. If only I 4) ..... (complete) it yesterday. I really wish I 5) ..... (not/leave) it till the last moment. Oh no! Just my luck, now the battery in my laptop is running low. If only I 6) ..... (think) to charge it before I set off. Anyway, I'll be back at 10 pm. Could you pick me up from the station? I wish I 7) ..... (pay) for the taxi, but I'm broke! Love,
Complete the text with the correct Past Perfect or Past Simple forms of the verbs in brackets.
SOCIAL MEDIA HELPS POLICE ARREST STREET ARTIST
The police in Winnipeg, Canada, 0 had (have) a problem. There 1. ___________ (be) a lot of complaints about graffiti in the previous few weeks, with pictures of the same cartoon face appearing on bridges, signs and homes. The police, however, 2. ___________ (not/know) how to find the person responsible. Then one day, the police 3. ___________ (get) a call from a town resident. He 4. ___________ (tell) the police that a few weeks earlier he 5. ___________ (see) the same picture on a local person’s Facebook page. The police checked the social media website and later arrested an 18-year-old student.
Choose the correct option.
0. By the time I arrived/had arrived, my friends already left/had already left the exhibition.
1. I knew/had known I had to buy the landscape painting after I saw/had seen it. I simply loved it!
2. I wanted/had wanted to say 'yes' immediately after he asked/had asked me to work in his gallery.
3. I wasn’t moved/had not been moved by any painting before I saw/had seen 'The Scream' by Edvard Munch.
4. I never spoke/had never spoken in public before I gave/had given a speech at your exhibition.
5. By the time he died/had died in 1890, Vincent Van Gogh sold/had sold only one painting – 'The Red Vineyard' from 1888.
Wybierz poprawna formę czasownika.
1. If it starts/will start raining, we won't/didn't go surfing in the sea.
2. He would have bought/had bought the trousers if I didn't show/hadn't shown him the flaw.
3. We wouldn't/didn't insulate the house if we didn't/wouldn't have to.
4. The company collapses/will collapse if it won't/doesn't take large credits.
5. You wouldn't have got/hadn't got food poisoning if you didn't eat/hadn't eaten some stale food.
6. If I would be/were in your place, I wouldn't/didn't break up with Andrew.
7. I would tip/tipped waiters more often if they would be/were more polite.
8. The risk hadn't been/wouldn't have been so big if we wouldn't have been/hadn't been climbing in foggy weather.
9. If someone will see/sees you here, they raise/will raise an alarm.
10. If Ted hadn't/wouldn't have beaten the younger boy up, he wouldn't have been/hadn't been expelled from school.