Complete the gaps with the, a, an or zero article (-).
1. What is ____ day after ____ Christmas called?
2. What do children leave for ____ Santa Claus to put presents in?
3. What is put as ____ Christmas decoration on ____ front door of ____ house?
4. What is hung above ____ doorways? What do ____ people do
when they pass underneath?
5. What do we call ____ play about ____ birth of Jesus?
6. What is ____ title of Charles Dickens’ short novel in which
Scrooge, ____ very mean old man, changes into ____ charitable
7.Saint Patrick, celebrated on St. Patrick's Day, is ____ patron saint of what?
1 Complete the text with the correct Past Simple form of verbs from the box. There are two extra verbs.
(have do not get work ask check tell compare )
On Friday we 0 had an interesting Geography class. We 1 ___________ a project on different countries in Europe. We 2 ___________ in groups to make posters and then we 3 ___________ everyone in the class about our country. Next, the teacher 4 ___________ questions about each country, like a quiz. I 5 ___________ every answer correct but 9/12 is not bad, right?
Write sentences using the present perfect. Use the prompts.
1 How long/ you/ live here?
2 They/ celebrate this day/ hundreds of years
3 I/ not see them/ last Tuesday
4 We/ just/ see/ the firework display
5 I/ never/ eat/ pancake
6 You/ ever/ hear/ reggae music?
7 He/ finish that book/ yet?
8 I/ already / make/ some baked potatoes to eat
Wskaż prawidłowy układ głównych form rzeźby terenu w Polsce (z N na S):
a)Pobrzeża, Pojezierza, Niziny, Wyżyny, Kotliny Podkarpackie, Góry;
b)Pojezierza,Pobrzeża, Niziny, Wyżyny, Kotliny Podkarpackie, Góry;
c)Niziny, Pojezierza,Pobrzeża, Wyżyny, Kotliny Podkarpackie, Góry;
d)Góry, Niziny, Pojezierza,Pobrzeża, Wyżyny, Kotliny Podkarpackie;
Rewrite the sentences, adding probably or definitely.
1. Toby won’t become a doctor because he can’t stand blood.
2. We’re going to watch a film at school today – if we finish our project work.
3. Darren is going to tell the truth – he’s very honest.
4. I think I’ll buy a new dress for the party, but it depends how much money I’ve got.
5. You aren't going to find the new Phillip Pullman book at the bookshop today. It isn’t available until next month.
Przekształć na mowę zależna według przykładu.
1. How much exercise do you get every day?
I asked Jill how much exercise she did every day
2. When did you last go to the doctor's?
3. Have you ever been on a diet?
4. What do you think is a healthy breakfast?
5. How are you feeling at the moment?
6. Do you think it's important to get a lot of sleep?
Ex. 4 Uzupełnij dialog, wstawiając czasowniki w nawiasach w czasach Present Simple, Present Continouous, Past Simple, Present Perfect lub Present Perfect Continuous.
Hannah: Liz, are you alright? 0 Is something bothering (something/bother) you? I can
see 1 ______________ (you/cry). Your eyes are still wet. What’s the matter?
Liz: It’s... It’s Tom. 2 ______________ (We/get) married in July but I’m not sure I really
want to do it... It’s that... You see... 3 ______________ (He/be) very rude to me recently.
This week 4 ______________ (we/have) several arguments about our wedding arrangements.
Hannah: Oh, Liz. I’m sorry to hear that. But don’t you think you might be overreacting? Things like
that happen – 5 ______________ (everybody/seem) stressed out before the wedding. I
remember 6 ______________ (I/argue) with Robert almost every day before our big day.
And Liz... 7 ______________ (I/know) Tom for a long time and he’s such a nice guy.
Trust me. And stop analyzing everything!
Liz: You might be right.
Hannah. 8 ______________ (I/think) about it too much recently.
I’d better call Tom – we’re choosing our wedding invitations today.
1) People know that she is a good swimmer.
2) They say that Francis is in hospital.
3) They think that the children are in bed.
The children __________________________
4) People believe that the robber has worked in the bank.
The robber ____________________________
5) People believe that nuclear power stations are dangerous.
The nuclear Power stations _____________________________
6) His colleagues thought that he was on holiday.
7) People know that cars pollute the environment.
8) They suppose that the new product will come out soon.
The New product ____________________________
9) They found that the mission had been impossible.
The mission _____________________________
10) They believe that she will win a gold medal.