Biblioteka Załuskich była to pierwsza biblioteka narodowa powstała na ziemiach
Gramatyka. Wybierz poprawną opcje.
1 The caravan park ____ stayed in was huge.
a) whom we b) what we c)which we
2 Mr Evans is the teacher ____ was telling you about.
a) I b) of who I c) my
3 Is this the holiday ____ on?
a) went b) they went c) who they went on
4 Could I have the room ____ stayed in last time?
a) that I b) that c) which
5 That’s the tour guide ____ took us round the city.
a) who b) whom c)– (no pronoun)
6 Is she the receptionist ____ spoke to last night?
a) which we b) whom we c) that
7 That’s the bus ____ to school every day.
a) we take it b) what we take c) we take
8 That’s the villa ____ George and Anna stayed in last year.
a) who b) whom c) – (no pronoun)
9 Have you got some of that nice bread ____ I bought last week?
a) which b) whom c) what
10 Please speak ____ in the library.
a) quietly b) quietely c) quietelly
11 It’s really hard to understand them because they talk so ____ .
a) fast b) fastly c) quick
12 I’m sorry it’s a bit ____ in here. I’ll ask them to turn the music down.
a) loud b) loudly c) quiet
13 Finally, the baby was sleeping ____ .
a) deep b) deeply c) good
14 How ____ do you think you did in the test?
a) good b) goodly c) well
15 On the whole, they have a ____ diet.
a) health b) healthy c) healthily
16 They were ____ to stay the night.
a) happy b) happily c) happilly
17 She looked at them so ____ that they ran away.
a) angry b) angrily c) angrilly
18 Catherine sings ____ .
a) beauty b) beautiful c) beautifully
19 Please be a bit more ____ !
a) careful b) carefuly c) carefully
20 They ate very ____ after their long journey.
a) hungry b) hungrily c) hungrilly
A. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form
1. Kevin usually ... (to go) to bed at 10 pm.
2. You ... always.... (to bite) your nails!
3. We ... (to go) to the theatre tonight.
4. The bus ... (to arrive) at six tomorrow.
5. If she ... (to call) we will go out.
6. He ... (learn) Englisch for 3 years.
7. I ... already ... (to do) my homework.
8. Her eyes are red. She ... (to cry).
9. He often ... (to go) to school on foot.
10. I ... never ... (to be) to Spain.
Uzupełnij zdania poprawnymi formami podanych czasowników:
1. I__________________ ALREADY/EAT my breakfast.
2. She________________ NEVER/BE to Milan.
3. I_________________ NOT/SEE you for more than a week.
4. I_______________________ NOT/EAT eggs since I was in Moscow.
5. Old George______________________ NOT/BE here for years!
6. He____________________ NOT/SPEAK to me for over three weeks.
7. You________________________ HAVE a new one every day for the last six weeks.
8. She________________ NOT/HAVE a holiday for four years.
9. I____________________________ NOT/PLAY the violin since I was a little boy.
10. My brother________________________ NOT/WRITE to me for months. (...)
Match the two parts of the sentences:
1. We all have...
2. Researchers have recently discovered...
3. A circadian period...
4. Your 'master clock'...
5. Cycles of sleep and wakefulness...
a. the plant cells contain biological clocks.
b. a type of 'inner alarm clock'.
c. works with your body's circadian rhythms.
d. affect our health and productivity.
e. is approximately 24 hours long.
Tick () the two correct sentences and rewrite the other sentences, correcting 13 words.
1. I would slept better last night if I hadn't watched that horror film.
2. The girl talks to Mark right now is his cousin Julia from America.
3. Would you have gone to the concert if you'd known about it?
4. The film, setting in Paris, stars George Clooney.
5. If the weather has been warmer, we would have gone to the beach.
6. When we went on holiday, we rented an old farmhouse built in the 18th century.
7. If my family hadn't moved to Brighton, I didn't meet Kelly at school there.
Uzupełnij zdania 13.1.-13.4. Wykorzystaj w odpowiedniej formie wyrazy podane w nawiasach. Nie należy zmieniać kolejności podanych wyrazów, trzeba natomiast - jeżeli jest to konieczne - dodać inne wyrazy, tak aby otrzymać zdania logiczne i gramatycznie poprawne. Wymagana jest pełna poprawność ortograficzna wpisywanych fragmentów.
Uwaga! W każdą lukę możesz wpisać maksymalnie cztery wyrazy, wliczając w to wyrazy już podane w nawiasie.